Monday, October 7, 2019

News comes in a newspaper... does Email come in a...?

Hello yesterday was transfer calls. Also this week we were in a trio with another missionary, Elder Corbett.

Anyway The week was a normal one. We set a guy on date to be Baptized this Saturday, so that's real awesome.

Other than that, though, nothing out of the ordinary... other than General Conference!

So now I talk about that. We had the opportunity of watching it in several different families houses. Saturday morning at a church with the rest of the zone, afternoon with a cool family, and Sunday morning and afternoon with similarly awesome families. 

We had a great time! I will now quickly go over some of my favorite talks given.

In no particular order, I really Loved Elder Bednar's talk about the cheetahs and about being constantly vigilant about keeping watch and continuing to be prepared for any possible danger. 

I also loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk, where he called back over and over to his last talk given in April. I think if there was only one talk that I could push people to watch it would be this one. I really get the feeling that his assignment as head of the missionary department is really influencing his talks.
Finally I loved Elder Johnson's talk about Satan's three D's and how we can continue to avoid and overcome the adversary. 


Anyway,

Rose: Good Week and Good General Conference.

Thorn: I have to get used to a new companion this week. His name is Elder Colon. He will be my companion on Thursday. I don't know anything about him. He is rather new. (but not brand-new)


-Elder Darcey
LTPS 

No comments:

Post a Comment