Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Birthdays in the Mission

Note from Mom to Sister Lenora Slatcher in Oklahoma:  Any chance you could email Bethany and tell her its Elder Darcey's birthday tomorrow?  Maybe she could call the sisters in his district because its district meeting tomorrow?  And I think they'll be sad not to know?  I know it's late.  Sorry.
Response from Sister Slatcher:  Sure!  I emailed her and she called me.  She was actually around several others when she read it so they are excited to get to honor him and celebrate him.  She is going to make our famous Slatcher pie for him.  He will be happy and surprised!

Response from Mom:  I'm in tears.  You are a blessing to me.  I don't even have a gift sent for him because I took it to OK to mail, and I've been traveling all this week from Tulsa (stuck on the interstate two days in KS) then through Denver, (stock two days in WY.)  He would have gotten everything late and I racked my brain to think of how to help him.  She is serving the Lord and living discipleship and blessing me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment